Saturday, November 5, 2011

My (second) favourite Cheesecake

Tomorrow I will reduce my living space from two rooms to one room and 3 days later my new roomie is going to move in! I am expecting some help for tomorrow and to thank them properly I decided to bake a cake.

I really have a thing for cheesecake and I'm always glad to have an excuse to make one. It's actually only my second favourite recipe. For my favourite I need some Strawberries and I refuse to buy them at this time of the year. It's more of a/my birthday cake anyways!  ;D

What you need for the cake:

(sorry for the german measurements)

For the dough:
200g flour
75g sugar
75g margarine
1 egg
1/2 pack backing soda

For the filling:
125g margarine
225g sugar
1 pack vanilla sugar
1 pack vanilla custard powder
3 eggs
500g curd cheese
125g sour cream
200g cream



Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, then mix all the ingredients for the dough and put it aside. (Btw I just loooove to do stuff with my hands. Kneading dough must be one of my favourite things to do xD)



Put the margarine, the sugar, the vanilla sugar, the custard powder and the eggs in a bowl and stir it till it's even. Then mix in the curd cheese and the sour cream. Whip the cream and stir it under the rest of the filling. It's done! :D Now cover the greased cake pan with the dough and make sure to pull it up on the rim.


Last step: Put the filling on the cake bottom.


The cake has to bake for about an hour. I like it a little bit darker so i didn't take it out for about 70 minutes. TADAAAA!


It's a really really quick one but tastes like heaven! Incredibly fluffy!

Tune of the night:

With a little help from my friends - Joe Cocker


Really, thanks for the help dudes...




1 comment: